Chiropractic Remedy for Degenerative Disc Disease
Chiropractic remedy is a unique treatment which involves the use of hand pressure to affected body parts such as the spine or joints to manually relieve tension and pain. Chiropractic remedy is an alternative treatment that can be used to take care of Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD).
Before you can apply chiropractic treatment in relieving DDD and related disorders, it is important to get diagnosed first and ensure that you actually have DDD related disorders. Some of the signs and symptoms your chiropractor should consider may include:
- Pain in the back and legs may manifest as a result of disorder in the spinal stenosis
- Mechanical disorder of the spine as a result of degeneration of the spinal joints
- Bulging pressure on the mechanical nerves when the discs become thin and degenerative
Chiropractic Approach to Diagnose Degenerative Disc Disease
First thing first, your medical history is needed. Your chiropractor at Fort Lauderdale would need to perform some tests and determine disorders on the joints such as muscle spasm, discs and ligament injury as well your overall posture which may be significantly affected by body mechanics and spine motions.
If the above simple tests do not produce enough results to manifest DDD disorder, further imaging tests such as X-Ray or MRI may be considered. A simple treatment plan is then followed by your chiropractor to reduce symptoms of DDD.
Chiropractic Treatment for Degenerative Disc Disease
Since chiropractic treatment involves the use of hand pressure to manually adjust and reduce inflammation on the affected joints and spinal mechanics, DDD disorders can be treated with appropriate chiropractic measures listed below.
The first approach your chiropractor should consider may include manual spinal adjustments. This includes:
- Immovable joints adjustment: some joints may be restricted and show abnormal movements. Your chiropractor needs to identify those joints and manually adjust them by applying gentle thrust and hand pressure to correct them.
- Flexion-distract approach: Your chiropractor should avoid applying a lot of pressure in this technique. Very gentle and non-thrusting adjustment is applied to affected disc and spinal stenosis
- Instrument-aided technique: This involves the use of a special instrument to apply gentle force to the spine
Secondly, your chiropractor may consider applying manual therapy to treat DDD and related symptoms. This therapy includes:
- Trigger point therapy: this method identifies points on a muscle that show tight, painful areas and applies gentle hand pressure on the affected area until the tension relieves.
- Manual joint adjustment: Your chiropractor identifies painful points then applies manual joint stretching and resistance to relieve pain.
- Therapeutic massage: gentle hand massage is applied to the affected point to release muscle tension
- Instrument-aided soft tissue therapy: This involves the use of a specially designed hand-held instrument to reduce mild tissue tension and pain.
Another approach that may also be used to treat DDD and related disorders include:
- Electrical stimulation: this uses a special electrical instrument designed with low frequency to simulate muscle and reduce inflammation on the affected area
- Ultrasound: sound waves are sent into muscle tissues to reduce muscle stiffness and spasm.
More In-depth Articles on Degenerative Disc Disease Treatments
Early chiropractic treatment is essential in treating DDD and related diseases as this can help prevent the symptoms from growing further and getting worse. Therapeutic exercise is also a key in eliminating this disorder and as such, is always recommended by expert chiropractic.
How Does Chiropractic Care Help Treat Degenerative Disc Disease?
Chiropractic therapy is a known treatment that helps in addressing joint and spinal disorders for the entire body system. Since DDD is a joint and spinal disorder, therapeutic exercise plays a crucial role in ensuring that joints and spine work perfectly thereby, preventing any possible DDD disorders.
Prevention is always better than cure, and this is why it is essential to get proper education on what to eat to build better nutrition, stress management and lifestyle goals as these can help treat DDD symptoms and related diseases. To ensure that you are on the right track, you may contact your Fort Lauderdale chiropractor, Dr. Barak Meraz at Carpe Diem Chiropractic for more information regarding this.